I have come across almost countless number of people who affirmed that they want to make a difference in the world. Unfortunately, not many actually add action to the statement.
Aside the cheap talk of affirming this statement, hard to do is actually making the difference. Reasons being that so many people don’t know the little ways to make a difference; many are waiting to be financially buoyant before they can step out, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be so.
We rarely need big things, but the small things we need are all littered around us; but those small things put together, makes a great thing.
Here are little ways to make a big difference in lives and the world at large.
1. Wake up! After dreaming to change the world, it is expedient you wake up to the reality of fulfilling it in your own little ways.
2. Make a difference in yourself First. Many people dream of changing the world, but not many make a difference in themselves first.
Making a difference in yourself is the first step to changing the world; Ofcos you’re a significant part of the world, so by changing yourself, a fraction of the job is done.
Also, only a changed person can change others.
3. Regard everyone, both old and young. Having and showing a sense of regards for people, has a great way of making them feel important and this thereby builds their confidence.
Regards and be a little as giving them a listening ear, smiling to their jokes; even if it is not very funny, exchanging pleasantries with them and all those ways of being nice to people.
4. LOVE! Love is the greatest way to make a difference in the world. You cannot aim to make a difference without having love in you, by living out love in the world, you’re allowing God to live through you.
5. Be kind! By not being so consumed with yourself but giving out your time, good words, resources; no matter how small and your helping hands, you’re are making a difference in the world.
6. Always look out for the good instead of the bad in people and appreciate them for it.
7. Always be a source of encouragement and not otherwise to people.
8. Smile. Smile is one of the simplest ways to brighten the atmosphere and thereby touch lives around you.
9. Be more involved in the world. You cannot desire to change the world and remain in your secret place as a spectator forever.
10. Be positive and spread positivity all around you. Let your words and actions reflect positivity.
There are innumerable ways you can make a difference in the world, however, most of them revolves around love and also involves you being intentional about it by waking up from the dream of the desire to make a difference and start making the difference in the world.