It is good to check in with yourself from time to time to see how you’re feeling about your relationship.
The questions below, if sincerely answered will help you ascertain if your relationship is at its best state.
After you’ve asked yourself these questions, it could be helpful to answer them again from your partner’s perspective.
- Does your partner listen to and respect your ideas?
- Does your partner give you space to spend time with your friends and family?
- Do you have fun spending time together?
- Do you feel comfortable telling your partner when something they do upsets you?
- Do you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings?
- Does your partner make an effort to get along with your friends and family?
- Is your partner proud of you, your accomplishments and successes?
- Does your partner respect your differences and opinions?
Relationships can be complicated, but if you answered “yes” to all of these questions, there’s a good chance you’re in a healthy relationship.
However, if you answered “no” to two or more questions, you might be in an unhealthy relationship.
How can I make my relationship better?
Keeping your relationship in great shape definitely takes work. Talk to your partner about things that you think could be better. Be clear about what’s bothering you, and be respectful. Good communication is a big part of solving problems. If you have trouble working through things on your own, you might consider getting help from someone outside your relationship. Sometimes talking with a counselor or therapist can help couples work through issues and improve their relationships.