The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has cleared 24 governorship aspirants to contest in the 2019 elections.
According to a statement signed on Friday by the acting national publicity secretary of the party, Yekini Nabena, the candidates were cleared following the Governorship Primaries held across the country,
He added that the NWC cleared the candidates and ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees after a meeting held on Thursday, October 4, 2018.
Among those cleared are Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, Babajide Sanwo–Olu of Lagos State, Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, Tonye Cole of Rivers State, among others.
See full list below….
- ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
- MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
- SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
- NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
- MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
- AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
- ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
- AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
- ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
- BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
- MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
- ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
- EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
- BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
- TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
- UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
- NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
- ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
- DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
- GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
- OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
- INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
- SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
- SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE